Cinema Paradiso (1988)
Part-Time Theater Staff
Bryn Mawr Film Institute is currently seeking friendly, outgoing, helpful, and customer service-oriented
individuals to work in our Box Office and concession stand. We are seeking new team members who are
excited about giving our patrons the best theater experience. We are interested in applicants with good
verbal communication and cash-handling skills.
As a cashier, you will operate the Box Office selling movie tickets and gift cards. Cashiers must be
able to field a wide range of questions from our theatergoers. As a concessionist, you will sell food
and beverage items to our guests.
This position is part time. Availability to work evenings and weekends is a must.
Job Duties include:
- Greeting guests of the BMFI in a friendly, helpful, and respectful manner
- Selling memberships
- Handling money
- Selling in retail environment
- Popping popcorn, pouring drinks, and serving candy and other specialty items
- Maintaining cleanliness of entire facility, including Box Office, theaters, and the concession stand
- Performing daily maintenance duties in the Box Office and concession stand
- Answering telephones
- Assisting guests to their seats
- Standing, lifting, and bending on a frequent basis
- Assisting with other functions as instructed by the theater management staff
To apply for a theater staff position, please complete the
and either 1) email a signed copy to
Mike McCracken, or
2) drop it off in person during theater operating hours, or 3) mail it to:
Bryn Mawr Film Institute (“BMFI”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BMFI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, and compensation.
Director of Theater Operations
Bryn Mawr Film Institute
PO Box 1058
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
BMFI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BMFI’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.