“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including:
• Title and company
• Telephone number
• Email address
We may need to collect and process these types of Personal Information in order to respond to your inquiry or request. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested information or services.
We and our service providers use Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, including:
Maintaining the functionality of the Site and fulfilling your requests.
• To respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your requests, and to provide you with related customer service.
• To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with a legal obligation.
Providing you with marketing materials we believe may be of interest.
• To send you marketing communications, with information about our services, new products, and other news about our organization.
We will engage in this activity with your consent or where we have a legitimate interest.
Providing personalized services.
• To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting content, services, and offers tailored to you.
We provide personalized services either with your consent or because we have a legitimate interest.
Aggregating and/or anonymizing Personal Information
• We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information.
We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
Accomplishing our business purposes.
• For data analysis, such as to improve the efficiency of our Site;
• For audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
• For fraud and security monitoring purposes, such as to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
• For developing new products and services;
• For enhancing, improving, or modifying our current products and services;
• For identifying usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Site are of most interest to users;
• For determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users; and
• For operating and expanding our business activities, such as understanding which parts of our Site are of most interest to our users, so we can focus our energies on meeting our users’ interests.
We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation, and/or because we have a legitimate interest.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us.
These can include providers of services such as website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, ticketing, membership fulfilment, customer service, email delivery, auditing, removing repetitive data from customer lists, billing, and other services.
When you elect to disclose it.
On blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate, especially when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
To comply with applicable law and regulations.
• These can include laws and regulations outside your country of residence.
To cooperate with public and government authorities.
• To respond to a request or to provide information we believe is important.
• These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
To cooperate with law enforcement.
• For example, when we respond to law enforcement requests and orders or provide information we believe is important.
For other legal reasons.
• To enforce our terms and conditions; and
• To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others.
In connection with a sale or business transaction.
• We have a legitimate interest in disclosing or transferring your Personal Information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings). Such third parties may include, for example, an acquiring entity and its advisors.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
• Browser and device information
• Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies
• Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
• Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer or mobile device type (Windows PC, Mac, Android or iOS), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly.
We do not currently respond to browser do-not-track signals.
• Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Site and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Site and response rates.
• IP Address: Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications, and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Site. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
Your choice regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you a choice regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by following the instructions contained in each such email. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change, or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict, or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, object to the processing of Personal Information, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information, you may contact us at Info@BrynMawrFilm.org or 824 W Lancaster Ave, PO Box 1058, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
• The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
• Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
• Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of sixteen (16), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 16.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, or other beliefs, health, biometrics, or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
824 W Lancaster Ave, PO Box 1058, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include sensitive information in your
© 2019 Copyright Bryn Mawr Film Institute. All rights reserved.