Sales and Marketing Associate (Part-Time)
July 17, 2019
Bryn Mawr Film Institute (BMFI) is a nonprofit, member-supported motion picture theater and film education center located in Bryn Mawr, PA. BMFI seeks a part-time Sales and Marketing Associate to manage onscreen and print sponsor accounts, and to assist in social media, and outreach efforts. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, proven knowledge of social media platforms and current trends, keen attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to manage complex calendars. The Sales and Marketing Associate reports to the Director of Marketing and coordinates materials with the Art Director and Director of Finance. This position is part-time, three days per week, with occasional evenings and weekends.
- Manage onscreen and print sponsorship accounts
- Respond to inquiries and provide information to potential sponsors regarding screen and print sponsorship opportunities
- Schedule promotional sponsorships according to production calendars and screen availability; write and send contracts to reflect insertion dates
- Collect contracts and sponsor creative; proof materials for complete information and proper specifications
- Communicate with sponsors regarding current contracts, contract renewals, updating creative, and other issues as needed
- Create weekly preshow programs with BMFI promotional and sponsored content
- Maintain and grow distribution lists for BMFI printed materials; deliver materials to local outlets as needed
- Research, identify, and contact organizations and institutions whose interests align with specific BMFI programs
- Manage and grow in-kind and cross-promotional relationships
- Monitor, engage and respond to communities and users across all social media platforms
- Work collaboratively to help maintain BMFI’s presence on social platforms
- Curate, create, and post compelling written, video, and graphic content with respect to brand guidelines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop; Premiere Pro highly desired
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple accounts with a variety of sponsors
- Prior experience with account management and providing excellent customer service to exacting clientele
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms; experience with Later or Trello a plus
- Creativity and a strong visual eye a plus
- Willingness to work late or irregular hours during events
- Passion and enthusiasm for film and BMFI’s mission
- Vehicle and driver’s license a plus, but not required
Interested candidates are to send a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document to Employment@BrynMawrFilm.org.
Bryn Mawr Film Institute (“BMFI”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BMFI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, and compensation.
BMFI expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of BMFI’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.