Health and Safety Precautions
Take a tour with us to see all of the new features we’re offering at your favorite movie theater.
BMFI has established plans, protocols, and precautions to ensure the health and safety of both staff and patrons.
In doing so, we are adhering to the guidelines and standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the voluntary CinemaSafe guidelines developed by the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO), and all Montgomery County guidelines.
Additionally, we’ve invested in new equipment for even more thorough surface cleaning and sanitation and have made changes to our overall HVAC systems to increase fresh air ventilation.
Below, you’ll find an overview of the health and safety precautions we’ve implemented at BMFI for you and our staff. Please review them, and please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions.
Staff Health and Safety Precautions
- Before coming to work, staff will self-monitor for fever or other symptoms of COVID-19. They will not come to work if experiencing any symptoms, or if they have been in contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Staff will receive a temperature check via touchless thermometer upon arrival for their shift. Temperatures must be below the CDC recommendation (100.4°). If not, that staff member will be sent home.
- Staff will wear masks at all times when interacting with, or in proximity to, each other and the public. Staff who are handling concessions will wear gloves, as well.
Patron Health and Safety Precautions
Socially Distanced Seating
- BMFI’s reserved dynamic seating ensures that moviegoing groups are seated at a safe distance in the theater. When tickets are purchased online, our system will automatically make the seats around that group unavailable for purchase.
- We recommend purchasing tickets online in advance, but tickets can also be purchased at the Box Office using credit, debit, and BMFI gift cards.
- Patrons cannot choose their exact seats when purchasing at the Box Office. BMFI Staff will select available seats for such patrons.
- It is important that patrons sit in their reserved seats to maintain proper distancing.
Learn how to purchase tickets and pre-order concessions for quick, no-contact pickup, in this video tutorial.
Purchase Reserved Seats at BMFI
All patrons must wear appropriate masks properly, over nose and mouth, while at BMFI, except when sitting in your reserved theater seat. Per the CDC, appropriate masks meet the following criteria:
- Two or more layers of breathable fabric
- Completely cover nose and mouth
- Fit snugly against the side of the face and do not have gaps
- Masks with any sort of valve and gaiters are NOT appropriate.
Anyone unwilling to wear a mask or removing their mask (except when in their reserved seat) — or unwilling to wear a mask properly — will be denied entry or required to leave.
Please bring a clean, appropriate mask with you. If you do not have such a mask with you, we will provide one.
- Each auditorium offers ample room to remain socially distant. For safety’s sake, we ask patrons not to linger in the lobby before or after screenings.
- Please arrive on time for your screening. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated. Private rentals will be staggered to avoid contact between separate groups of private renters in the lobbies, entrances, and exits.
- Plexiglass dividers have been installed at the concessions counter to separate patrons and staff.
- Refreshments purchased outside of BMFI are not permitted in the theater.
- Please follow all signs and use social distancing while in the concessions lobby.
- Items that were previously self-serve, such as butter topping, salt, straws, and napkins, will now be provided by BMFI staff upon request.
- There will be no refills of popcorn or fountain drinks.
- All concessions items must be consumed only while you are seated in the auditorium.
- For everyone’s safety, patrons are asked to take their concessions trash with them when leaving a screening and to dispose of it in the trash cans provided.
- The concessions area will be cleaned and sanitized at regular intervals.
- All restrooms have touchless faucets, paper towel dispensers, and toilet flushers. Touchless hand-sanitizer stations are available outside of each restroom.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and sanitized at regular intervals.
Building Sanitation Precautions
- BMFI staff are regularly disinfecting seats, surfaces, restrooms, lobby and concession areas. BMFI staff will spray each auditorium with an electrostatic mister with a disinfectant solution approved by the CDC and EPA to neutralize viruses, including COVID-19. This solution will be applied to seats, seatbacks, armrests, and partitions in our auditoriums, as well as various other areas in the building.
- Disinfecting wipes will be available at the entrance of each auditorium for any patrons wishing to wipe down their own seats in addition to BMFI’s thorough cleaning.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available throughout the theater building.
- All staff and patrons will wear masks. Staff will wear gloves when handling concessions.
- BMFI has added Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NBPI) technology to all of its HVAC systems that effectively increases filtration efficiency and helps to significantly reduce airborne pathogens. All HVAC systems have been modified to increase fresh air circulation.