All screenings on Sundays and Mondays are VacCinema and require proof of vaccination. Learn more.
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)
BMFI thrives because of extraordinary community support, and we work hard to make BMFI programs relevant, responsive, and accessible to all. From new parents, to aspiring filmmakers, to local charities, to movie lovers of all ages along the Main Line, BMFI is the hub that connects, entertains, and delights all of our neighbors.
- BMFI staff work with partner institutions and organizations to create programs that use film to enhance the educational and/or cultural offerings of that particular group, and to make interesting and informative programs available to the broader community. Learn more about this unique working relationship and how your organization might benefit by participating.
Open Screen Mondays
- Philadelphia-area media-makers meet at BMFI on the first Monday of every month to screen new works and works in progress, as well as to give valuable feedback to their peers. Open Screen Mondays are free monthly events, open to filmmakers and film enthusiasts alike.
- After seeing one of our fascinating new movies, talk it through with a group of fellow film buffs at a free post-screening discussion.
- Every Wednesday, BMFI schedules an afternoon showtime designed for caregivers and their infants. These Going Gaga screenings feature a new main attraction movie, but with theater conditions adjusted to create a baby-friendly environment. Lights are dimmed so that viewers can more easily enter and exit the theater as needed, and the volume level is lowered so as not to damage babies’ sensitive ears.
Bryn Mawr Film Institute supports qualifying local nonprofit organizations in their fundraising efforts with in-kind donations. Eligibility for a donation from BMFI depends on the mission of the requesting organization and its relevance to the audience and community served by BMFI. Donations are made solely at the discretion of Bryn Mawr Film Institute.
Each organization requesting a donation is limited to one donation per year. To request a donation, please email your request along with organizational materials stating nonprofit status and giving the date of the event and contact name to ZStalberg@BrynMawrFilm.org or mail the information to:
Bryn Mawr Film Institute
824 W. Lancaster Avenue
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Solicitations by phone will not be considered. It is important that you submit your request 3-4 weeks before your event.
- Host an unforgettable birthday party for your 2-12 year old at BMFI. Party packages start at $400. View more information and email Rentals@BrynMawrFilm.org to inquire about date availability.
- Volunteers play an important role at BMFI as ticket takers, ushers, and assisting with See, Hear, Feel Film. Interested? Learn more.